Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder Recipe
This Leftover Turkey Corn Chowder Recipe is the perfect way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers. It's creamy, flavorful, loaded with leftover turkey and veggies, and made in the crockpot!
Servings: 6 people
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 2 celery stalk finely diced
- 1 sweet potato diced, about 1/2 pound
- 2 (15 oz) cans sweet corn undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn undrained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 cup half and half room temperature
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 cups cubed leftover turkey
Place everything (minus half and half, cornmeal, turkey, and optional toppings) into your crockpot
Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW 7-8 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk together half and half and cornmeal. Set aside.
In the last 30 minutes of cook time if cooking on HIGH or last hour if cooking on LOW, stir in half and half mixture and cubed turkey. Cover and continue cooking.
Serve with cilantro and sour cream and enjoy!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7145IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.3mg