Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
A light vegetarian soup loaded with cheesy pasta, tomatoes, and spices, this Crockpot Tomato Tortellini Soup is quick to put together and is a sure crowd pleaser!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic left whole
- 2 (14.5) oz cans Red Gold Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
Place onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, brown sugar, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf into crockpot.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW 7-8 hours.
Remove bay leaf and blend until smooth (either using a stick blender directly in crockpot or in your stand blender).
Place soup back into crockpot (if using your stand blender).
Stir in greek yogurt, parmesan, and tortellini.
Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 15-30 minutes or until tortellini is warmed through.
Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 1455mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 240mg | Iron: 3.7mg