Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Recipe
Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa is like a healthier, deconstructed enchilada! Loaded with quinoa, veggies, and chicken, this throw and go recipe is GREAT for an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (seeds and ribs removed for a more mild flavor)
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 (8 oz) boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
Place all ingredients into crockpot.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
Remove chicken, shred or cube, and stir back into enchilada quinoa.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve with all your favorite enchilada toppings: greek yogurt, pico de gallo, lettuce, salsa, etc.
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1727mg | Potassium: 883mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1480IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 5.4mg