Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
Want restaurant quality Mexican food at home? Look no further, these sizzling chicken fajitas will surely hit the spot!
Servings: 3 people
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 whole garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 medium onion halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 whole green bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced
- flour tortillas taco sized
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Refried beans
- Taco sauce or Picante salsa
- Sour cream
In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Place chicken tenders and marinade in a resealable plastic baggy and place in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes* or up to 24 hours. Make sure that the chicken is fully covered by marinade.
Preheat skillet on medium heat and melt butter. Place marinated chicken on hot skillet and cook until no longer pink. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the breast, but shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes, if using chicken tenders. While chicken is cooking, prep your veggies.
Remove chicken, reserving the liquid in the pan.
Place veggies in hot pan and season generously with salt or to taste. Cook until desired crispness is reached.
Remove from pan and serve immediately with your favorite tortillas and fajita toppings!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
*Store fajita filling and tortillas separately.
If you would like to make these vegetarian, leave out the chicken, and marinate the veggies for 30 minutes. You could also add other vegetables like sliced mushrooms, zucchini, or summer squash!
Recipe: Adapted from Paula Deen
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.9g | Protein: 25.2g | Fat: 13.3g | Sugar: 2.2g