Peanut Butter Banana Black Bean Brownies
Peanut Butter Banana Black Bean Brownies. Vegan, gluten free, healthy, and DELICIOUS brownies made with black beans, banana, peanut butter, vanilla, vinegar, maple syrup, old fashioned oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and vegan dark chocolate chips!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 24 brownies
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter use the just nuts, no sugar added variety
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup pure maple syrup room temperature (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips reserve some for topping, if desired (I use 1/2 cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 24 slot non stick mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
Place beans, banana, peanut butter, vanilla, vinegar, maple syrup, oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a food processor.
Blend until very well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Stir in chocolate chips, reserving some for topping, if desired.
Use a small/medium cookie scoop to scoop the batter evenly into the 24 prepared slots.
Top with reserved chocolate chips.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out basically clean. You can under bake these, because there's no flour or eggs!
Remove from oven, cool slightly, and enjoy!
Serve at room temperature, warm, with or without ice cream, etc. Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.8mg