Healthy Banana Pancake Muffins
These Healthy Banana Pancake Muffins are loaded with bananas, pure maple syrup, all natural peanut butter, fat free buttermilk, egg, vanilla extract, whole grain protein pancake mix, cinnamon, and dark chocolate chunks! Quick, healthy, and delicious! Freezer friendly.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed (very full 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter use the all natural just nuts, no added sugar variety
- 1 cup fat free buttermilk room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks plus more for topping, if desired
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease a 12 slot non stick muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, maple syrup, peanut butter, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
Add in Kodiak Cakes mix, cinnamon, and dark chocolate chips/chunks. Stir with a rubber spatula until *just* combined.
Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
Top with more chocolate chunks/chips, if desired.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes, then lower heat to 350 degrees F and set the timer for an additional 10 minutes (keep muffins in the oven the whole time), or until muffins are cooked.
Serve plain, with butter, a drizzle of peanut butter/maple syrup, etc and enjoy!
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.5mg