Easy Reuben Soup
This Easy Reuben Soup Recipes only requires 12 ingredients! It's loaded with celery, onions, garlic, a touch of butter and flour, chicken broth, fat free half-and-half, Russian dressing, Yukon gold potatoes, sauerkraut, corned beef, and swiss cheese (plus salt and pepper). Served with toasted marbled rye bread!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth divided
- 2 cups fat free half and half warmed
- 1/2 cup Russian dressing
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed (approximately 1/2 - 1 inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut drained
- 1 pound cooked deli sliced corned beef chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Marbled rye bread toasted for serving
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large stockpot over medium heat.
Add in celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cook, stirring often, until the celery is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
Reduce heat to low.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons melted butter, flour, and 1/4 cup chicken broth.
Slowly whisk mixture into the stockpot and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in the remaining 2 3/4 cups chicken broth, then pour in half and half, Russian dressing, potatoes, sauerkraut, and corned beef.
Increase heat back to medium, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Cover and simmer (you'll probably need to lower the heat back to low) until the potatoes are cooked, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, stir in shredded swiss cheese until melted.
Taste and re-season, if necessary, and serve with toasted marbled rye bread!
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1974mg | Potassium: 920mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 42.3mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 4.8mg