Baked Oatmeal Recipe
This Baked Oatmeal Recipe is SO healthy, quick and easy, perfect for made in advance meal prep, gluten free, can be dairy free, and delicious! Made with milk, coconut oil, applesauce, a touch of brown sugar (or sweetener of choice), eggs, vanilla, oats, cinnamon, raisins (or fruit/chocolate of choice), and pecans (or nuts of choice). 275 calories for a large piece!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 1 cup skim milk room temperature - could also use any milk you have on hand dairy or non dairy
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed - could also use honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats certified gluten free if necessary
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried fruit of choice - could even use chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or nuts of choice
- Honey or maple syrup this oatmeal is not very sweet, so I LOVE it with honey
- Greek yogurt plain, vanilla, non-dairy, it adds a nice tang
- Milk if you like your oatmeal more liquid-y, just splash in some milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 inch non stick square pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk, coconut oil, applesauce, brown sugar (or sweetener of choice), eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Stir in oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, raisins, and chopped pecans.
Pour into prepared pan.
Use a spoon to gently press mixture down and smooth out the top.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until baked oatmeal is baked through and cooked to your liking.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 9 pieces and serving warm with optional toppings!
- This reheats great in the microwave, I love rewarming it in a bowl with a splash (or more) of milk, then topping it with non fat plain greek yogurt and honey.
- This is NOT very sweet, but I did this on purpose, so you can add more brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, etc. for serving!
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 0.7mg