Healthy Date Peanut Butter Cups
Healthy Date Peanut Butter Cups aka a healthy twist on a classic! These taste like the real deal, but are made with medjool dates, all natural peanut butter, tahini, vanilla, salt, dark chocolate chips, coconut oil, and roasted peanuts for crunch! Vegan. Gluten Free. Quick and easy!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 min
Total Time11 mins
Servings: 22 peanut butter cups
- 12 medjool dates pitted - about 1 cup
- 3/4 cup all natural no sugar added just nuts peanut butter should be room temperature if was previously in the fridge
- 1/4 cup tahini should be room temperature if was previously in the fridge
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips be sure they’re dairy free if trying to keep these vegan
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts finely chopped
Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain.
Place soaked, drained dates into a food processor with peanut butter, tahini, vanilla extract, and salt.
Process until well combined and a ball starts to form.
Use a tablespoon to roll the dough into 22 uniform balls. Set aside.
Line a mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners (you'll line 22 of the slots).
Place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a medium sized bowl.
Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until melted.
Place 1 teaspoon melted chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
Shake the muffin tin so the melted chocolate spreads evenly to coat the bottom of each liner.
Place 1 peanut butter date dough ball into each chocolate lined muffin slot.
Gently press down to flatten out. The chocolate will definitely squirt up the sides a little bit and that's ok.
Drizzle tops with more melted chocolate (reserve some for later).
Sprinkle with chopped salted peanuts, gently pressing down so the nuts stick.
Drizzle with remaining chocolate.
Place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the chocolate has hardened.
Remove from muffin tin, place into an air tight container, and store in the freezer or enjoy immediately!
- Make sure you remove cupcake liners while they’re still frozen or you’ll break the chocolate.
- Let peanut butter cups soften for a minute or two at room temperature, if desired, before serving.
Serving: 1peanut butter cup | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.5mg