Chicken Tortellini Soup
Chicken Tortellini Soup. An easy, cozy soup loaded with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, milk, fat free half-and-half (or heavy cream), a touch of white wine, store-bought rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, spinach, cheese tortellini, and parmesan cheese! Only 233 calories per cup!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 6 people
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 large stalks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste, I used 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour could also use all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine I used pinot grigio
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk could use any milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half could use more milk or heavy cream instead
- 4 cups shredded chicken I used a rotisserie
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (5 oz) package baby spinach
- 1-2 (10 oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini I used 1, but could see some people wanting more
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium/medium-high heat.
Add in onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Or until veggies are tender.
Sprinkle in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Slowly pour in wine, stirring constantly, to deglaze the pan.
Stir in broth, milk, and half-and-half.
Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Stir in shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, and baby spinach.
Bring back to a simmer.
Add in tortellini and simmer until cooked to your liking (I just followed package directions) about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in parmesan cheese.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 cups of soup.
Nutritional information is for 2 cups.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 1694mg | Potassium: 1070mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6625IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 5.5mg