Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
This Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is packed with healthy foods like lean chicken, veggies: onion, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms - and spices. It's also SO creamy and satisfying thanks to a bit of half & half, a touch of cream cheese, and rotini pasta noodles. Hearty, but not heavy at all! The perfect cozy winter soup.
Servings: 8 people
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 (8 oz) container sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste (I used quite a bit more)
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth reserve 1 cup for later
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup half & half room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (8 oz) box rotini pasta noodles
- 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese cubed and brought to room temperature
Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
Add in chicken, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, mushrooms, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, pepper, salt, chicken broth (minus the 1 cup you reserved), and white wine.
Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on LOW or 3-4 on HIGH
Remove chicken and shred. Set aside.
Whisk reserved 1 cup chicken broth, half and half, and flour together in a small bowl.
Slowly stir into crockpot.
Stir in noodles, cream cheese, and shredded chicken.
Cover and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until noodles are cooked to your liking.
Taste and re-season if necessary and enjoy!
See post above for adaptation recommendations for wine, half & half, pasta noodles, and cream cheese!
I think you could make this gluten free by using an all-purpose gluten free flour and gluten free noodles. I'd cook the gluten free noodles separately.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 867mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3415IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 3.3mg