Southwestern Chicken Salad Cups
Southwestern chicken salad cups. Baked wonton cups filled with chicken, corn, beans, peppers, greek yogurt, lime, and taco seasonings! About 100 calories per cup! Great for easy lunches, snacks, or a big party!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 28 cups
- 56 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning I used La Preferida
- salt and pepper to taste if necessary
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Take two wonton wrappers in your hand. (Watch the above below for this next part)
Lay them directly on top of each other.
Take the top wonton wrapper and turn it 90 degrees, so the corners are all facing opposite directions.
Place in one muffin tin slot and press down gently.
Repeat with remaining wontons.
Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye on these to make sure they don’t burn.
Remove from muffin tin and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, mix together chicken through green onion.
In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, lime juice, and taco seasoning.
Combine the two. Taste and re-season, if necessary
Fill each wonton with 2 tablespoons of filling.
Top with cilantro and green onion, if desired, and serve!
The filling can be made in advance. Just store in the fridge.
The wonton cups are best made the day of, but can also be made in advance, keep them covered at room temperature.
Assembly is best the day of, but you CAN assemble these ahead of time. Just note that
- They should be stored in the fridge
- They get softer as time goes on and won't be as crunchy as when made fresh
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 4.3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.1mg