Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
This Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili is SO quick and easy to make and full of vegetables, beans, and quinoa! Healthy. Gluten free. Vegan. Ready in 30 mins! Less than 300 calories per serving.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced, seeded for less spice, although level varies from pepper to pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained and rinsed
- avocado, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, vegan sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips optional for serving
Place peppers, onion, jalapeno, garlic, spices, broth, tomato sauce, and quinoa into Instant Pot.
Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
Cook using the manual button (make sure it's set to high pressure) and set the timer on the Instant Pot to 8 minutes.*
The Instant Pot will beep when it's finished.
Flip the valve to "venting" for a quick release.
Turn Instant Pot off and stir in beans and corn.
Let stand, uncovered for 5-10 minutes to let the mixture slightly thicken.
Taste and re-season if necessary and serve!
*It takes time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, THEN the timer will start counting down from 8 minutes.
***Note: below directions have not been tested, but are my general ideas of what I think will work.
Stovetop Directions: Place everything (minus corn and beans) into a large stockpot. Bring to a boil, cover, and boil for 10-ish minutes, or until quinoa is cooked. Stir occasional to prevent sticking. Stir in corn and beans, then serve!
Slow Cooker Directions: Place everything (minus corn and beans) into slow cooker, cover, and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Stir in corn and beans, then serve!
Serving: 0.75cup | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1044mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 31.2mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 4.4mg