Warm Bacon Spinach Salad
Warm Bacon Spinach Salad. Crispy bacon, hard boiled egg, crunchy red onion, meaty mushrooms, and tender spinach. What's not to love? Serve it up for dinner on a cool Fall day and you'll have one happy belly!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 (6 oz) bag baby spinach
- 2 large hard boiled eggs
- 5 slices turkey bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large white mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 small red onion sliced paper thin
- salt to taste
Make sure they your spinach has been washed and dried and place into salad bowl.
Toss in sliced mushrooms and red onion, set aside.
Hard boil eggs. (Read my notes below on how to hard boil an egg!)
Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Once cooked, remove from skillet, crumble bacon, and set aside. Transfer bacon fat to a small saucepan.
Whisk in vinegar, sugar, and mustard over low heat. Season with salt to taste.
Add the bacon, egg, and dressing to salad and toss gently until well combined.
- Not sure how to hard boil an egg? Start by filling up a saucepan with cold water and 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda. Place desired amount of eggs in saucepan - make sure they are all fully submerged. And heat pan over high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and over with a lid. Let sit for 10 minutes. Immediately plunge into an iced water bath and let cool. Peel immediately.
- If you can't get enough bacon fat from the turkey bacon, whisk in olive oil or melted butter into the dressing.
- Recipe: Very slightly adapted from Preventionrd
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1g | Protein: 21.5g | Fat: 11g | Sugar: 4.4g