Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe
This Caprese Pasta Salad is so quick and easy to put together! Full of orzo pasta, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, tangy balsamic, and salty parmesan!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 (16 oz) box orzo pasta uncooked
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (just measure out the tomatoes, not the oil at this point)
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil chopped or more to taste
- 1 cup baby arugula/spinach
- 1 (8 oz) container Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1/4 cup oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
Cook orzo according to package directions.
Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
To the pasta, add in tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, arugula/spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.
Stir together until well combined.
Whisk together oil, balsamic, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
Toss the sauce together with the pasta salad and season with more salt, to taste.
Store, covered, in the fridge until ready to eat!
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 532mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 815IU | Vitamin C: 17.4mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 2mg