Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
This Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup comes together in a matter of minutes, is healthy, gluten free, and full of veggies, lean chicken, plenty of texture, and loads of spices!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño minced (omit if you don’t like spice or remove the seeds)
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can hominy drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- lime juice highly recommended
- non fat plain greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onions
- Tortilla Chips
Place all ingredients into crockpot (minus optional toppings).
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
Place chicken back into crockpot and stir to combine.
Serve with optional toppings and enjoy!
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1599mg | Potassium: 899mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4.2mg