Haitian Chicken Recipe
This Haitian Chicken Recipe is a one pot wonder! Full of chicken, tomatoes, wine, spices, and more, this recipe is easy and delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound cut-up chicken bone in, skin-on, I just did drumsticks
- 1 (32 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 large sweet onions cut in large chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
Place chicken in a large bowl and cover with all remaining ingredients (whole peeled tomatoes through wine.) Marinade for 30 minutes or longer in the refrigerator.
Pour chicken and all contents of the marinade into a large, deep skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through, about 1 hour.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 2499mg | Potassium: 1269mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 1055IU | Vitamin C: 38.4mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 4.6mg