These Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are ultra moist, yet fluffy. They’re easy to make and packed with cream cheese, cheesecake instant pudding, and Oreos!
If you love cheesecake, but don’t love the hassle of making it, you’ll absolutely fall head over heals for these oreo cheesecake cookies! These cookies have the classic cheesecake tangy flavor and creamy, yet cake-like texture, but with the ease of whipping up a simple batch of cookies.
It’s the best of both worlds if you ask me!
Almond extract and cheesecake flavored instant pudding are the MVP’s of today’s recipe. They add SO much flavor to these cookies.
- Cream Cheese – creates a moist and creamy texture while also providing that classic cheesecake tang.
- Unsalted Butter – use room temperature butter, not melted, so that the cookies are ultra fluffy and almost cake-like.
- Granulated Sugar – adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Eggs – helps bind the cookies together.
- Lemon Juice – lemon juice reacts with the baking powder to create an ultra soft and cake-like texture.
- Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract – adds flavor depth and a touch of extra sweetness. Don’t skip the almond extract, it adds an incredible amount of flavor to these cookies.
- All-Purpose Flour – gives structure to the cookies.
- Cheesecake Instant Pudding – gives the cookies their cheesecake flavor while also keeping them soft.
- Baking Powder – makes the cookies light and fluffy
- Salt – cuts the sweetness and enhances flavor.
- Oreos – roughly chopped, not ground, for a little bit of cookie texture and flavor in every bite.
How to make
I love how easy these cookies are to make! Ready in a total of 20 minutes!
- Place cream cheese and butter into the bowl of your stand mixer then beat until fluffy. Add in sugar and beat again until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and almond extract until well combined.
- Add in the flour, instant pudding, baking powder, and salt then mix until just combined.
- Mix in chopped Oreos then let the dough chill for 15-30 minutes (optional but recommended)
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion the dough out onto 2 baking sheets lined with silicone mats.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes then cool before serving!
Do you have to chill the dough?
Chilling the dough for 15-30 minutes is optional, but recommended. This particular cookie dough is sticky, so putting it in the fridge for a bit firms it up and makes it easier to portion it out. It also helps avoid spreading and keeps these cookies light and fluffy.
If you don’t have time to chill it, that’s okay too! It will still work out just fine.
How long to bake
These cookies bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. The shorter bake time creates a slightly more moist and dense cookie while the longer bake time creates a drier cake-like texture.
You’ll know they’re done when they look just set on the top and are still light in color, not browned!
Here are a couple of ways you can ensure your Oreo cheesecake cookies come out just right!
- Chop, don’t crush. Roughly chop your Oreos rather than crushing them. If the cookie crumbs are too fine you won’t have contrasting cookies and cream colors or texture. The cookies will just be brown.
- Use room temp ingredients. Room temperature butter, cream cheese, and eggs all trap air better which results in fluffier cookies.
- Spoon and level the flour. Use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup then level it off gently. If you scoop with the measuring cup the flour will pack in too much and the cookies will be dry.
- Mix until just combined. You don’t want to over-mix the dough or you’ll stir all the air out of it and your cookies won’t be as fluffy.
- Chill the dough. This is optional but it does help with the stickiness and make it easier to portion the cookies out.
How to store
Leftover Oreo cheesecake cookies will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy again, microwave to warm or enjoy chilled from the fridge!
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour spoon and leveled
- 1 (1 oz) box cheesecake instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 Oreos roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats.
- Place cream cheese and butter into the bowl of your stand mixer, then beat until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and beat again until fluffy, an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and almond extract until combined.
- Add in the flour, instant pudding, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until *just* combined, then mix in the chopped Oreos.
- Optional - let the dough chill for 15-30 minutes, this helps with some of the stickiness of the dough.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheets (12 per sheet).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should look just set on the top, light in color, not browned.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.