A classic wedge salad with a tangy, sweet blue cheese dressing is paired with the creamiest potato soup to celebrate National Soup Month!
Happy Thursday, friends!
How is everyone adjusting to being back in the real world?
- The holidays are over.
- Work/school/commitments/activities have all started again.
- It’s still cold.
I don’t know about you, but when all of the above things 👆 are happening, I need something to look forward to at the end of the night.
And by that, I mean, I need a really solid dinner to look forward to. 😉
When it’s cold and dark by 4:00 PM, I crave something warm, filling, hearty, and cozy.
Enter: Idahoan Premium Steakhouse Creamy Potato Soup paired with my favorite Wedge Salad Recipe.
Because what’s more comforting or classic than a really great soup and salad for dinner?
And what goes better with soup than salad, right? So today, we’re pairing the Idahoan Premium Steakhouse Creamy Potato Soup with a nice, crisp wedge salad.
It’s National Soup Month, so let’s talk soup:
- This potato soup is seriously super delicious. It’s kind of mind blowing how much flavor can be loaded into one little package! It’s restaurant quality, I’m telling you.
- This potato soup is able to be so ridiculously tasty, because Idahoan combines REAL Idaho® red potatoes and red potato skins with flavorful spices and rich cheeses to provide a creamy taste in every bite, so hellloooooo deliciousness.
- This potato soup is. . . just trust me, you need this soup. It’s perfect for those nights when you want something homemade, but don’t really want to do any cooking. Boil water –> throw in soup –> whisk–> simmer –> serve. Ummm, yes please.
Now, let’s talk salad.
This wedge salad is crisp and cold, which perfectly contrasts the hot, creamy soup.
There are three parts to today’s salad recipe:
- The vegetables – iceburg lettuce and tomatoes
- The dressing – bacon grease (yes please), sour cream, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, and blue cheese <– holy YUM. Give it a quick whirl in your food processor and it’s done.
- The croutons – sourdough bread sauteed in butter and leftover bacon grease and salt <–H.E.A.V.E.N. I also put some of those bad boys on the potato soup and I highly suggest you do the same.
It’s a super simple salad, but it’s just so elegant, flavorful, and pretty!
Creamy, hearty, flavorful soup paired with a cold, crisp, tangy, sweet, blue cheesy wedge salad.
That’s a ton of amazing flavors, textures, and deliciousness going on if you ask me!
Let’s celebrate National Soup Month #allday #everyday, ok?
How are YOU going to celebrate National Soup Month? Show Me the Yummy!
Thanks again to Idahoan for sponsoring today’s post!